GEO Supports AGWT 2013 Geothermal Forums
The Geothermal Exchange Organization (GEO) is a once again a proud sponsor of this year’s American Ground Water Trust (AGWT) Geothermal Forums. Experienced AGWT staff will convene 10 workshops during the year at various venues across the country. This one-day program is an incredible opportunity to learn from experienced professionals who are on the forefront of geothermal innovation.
The workshops offer vital information to building owners and professionals who design, install, inspect, approve, recommend or regulate heating and cooling systems. They feature an impressive slate of expert invited speakers who draw on their experience and expertise in industry and government to cover new innovations in system design, financing options and regulations for geothermal heat pump (GHP) heating and cooling systems.
AGWT’s Geothermal Forums provide a unique opportunity for participants to exchange vital information with policymakers and specialists who are deeply involved with the design, construction and permitting of geothermal systems for cooling and heating. Workshop objectives include:
- Defining the “state of the art” in terms of design options and economic payback;
- Explaining the tax breaks, incentives and subsides available for installing geothermal;
- Demonstrating the environmental and strategic benefits of the technology;
- Explaining Net-Zero design and system integration principles;
- Illustrating the environmental scalability of GHP HVAC systems to continuously reduce our carbon footprints;
- Demonstrating the essential connection between subsurface conditions and system design and operation, and how to get the right information;
- Describing the special steps and importance of geothermal system commissioning; and
- Providing an update on state, local and federal regulatory oversight recommendations.
In addition to contractors and potential end-users, this program is a MUST for energy company engineers, architects, planners, building code inspectors, environmental health professionals, drilling contractors, HVAC designers and professionals, real estate agents, developers, and town officials. GEO urges its members to spread the word about the workshops to friends and colleagues, as well as customers. More information can be found by visiting the AGWT website.
AGWT’s Geothermal Forum schedule of venues for 2013 include:
|Tuesday, March 5||Baltimore, MD|
|Thursday, April 4||Tallahassee, FL|
|Thursday, April 25||Richmond, VA|
|Thursday, May 16||Portland, OR|
|Wednesday, June 5||Denver, CO|
|Wednesday, June 26||Covington, KY (Cincinnati, OH)|
|Wednesday, Aug. 14||Southeastern CT (location TBD)|
|Thursday, Sept. 12||Minneapolis, MN|
|Wednesday, Oct. 23||Boxborough, MA|
|Wednesday, Nov. 6||Dallas, TX|