Connecticut WF7 and dead AWL

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Graham C, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Graham C

Graham C New Member

Hello all,

I have two WF7 units (4 ton) and last week one of the AWL boxes for the symphony setup failed. The device no longer powers on (no lights at all). I switched the AWL boxes around between machines and the problem follows the AWL device (the white little box with the WIFI connection in it).

1. Anyone seem this before? any magic? I know the SD cards go bad but I have ruled this out also - it is definitely a power issue

2. Anyone know how long the warranty is on these? or how much a replacement might run me?

Thank you

M

2. SShaw

SShaw Active Member Forum Leader

There was a price list from 2015 posted on this board. It says 2-yr warrant on parts only. List price for AWL $589. Hopefully you could get it for less than that.

3. Graham C

Graham C New Member

$415 - managed to source it from a local dealer. should be here next week

4. SShaw

Glad you got it sorted out. I think all you'd need to do for install is swap the units and move the SD card to the new unit.

5. Graham C

Graham C New Member

So the issue now appears to be that the AWL is much newer (Web Pages Version 1.15 vs 1.0) - and there is no longer an option to access the debug/config locally. On my other AWL I can go

http://IP/?pageid=at&params=2;300;;3761;127;103&units=0

On the new AWL this doesn't appear to exist. You can only access the AID Tool menu when you press the WIFI reset on the AWL and put it in hotspot mode. Anyone resolved this?

6. SShaw

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way to access the config directly.

7. Graham C

Graham C New Member

thats annoying. It was such a nice feature and they seem to have taken it away.

SShaw likes this.
  8. SShaw

Yes, I'd like to see that feature, as well as access to the recorded minute-by-minute sensor data on the SD card.