WATERFURNACE WARRANTY ISSUE

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 3 yr geo user, Jul 7, 2011.

1. 3 yr geo user

3 yr geo user New Member

Our Waterfurnace has had the compressor replaced by the original installer. (It turns out we had a defective part when the unit was built.) It is a closed loop system and works fine.

Due to some issues, we had a 3rd party service our unit. They noted the compressor was soldered in, while Waterfurnace calls for the unitys to be brazed. He said the solder may fail due to vibration.

Now what do we do? I assume Waterfurnace paid the installer to braze the compressor.

I don't want to have the solder joints fail due to the solder, and have Waterfurnace dodge the repair cost.

Any ideas?

2. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Contact wf and ask them. If they paid for you to have a unit brazed, both you and wf got screwed. They claim to keep a tight leash on their dealers, if so this should be an easy fix.
    Eric

3. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

3 yr geo user,

We would be more than happy to look into your inquiry further. Could you please provide your model number, serial number, and the name of the contractor you are working with? If you do not wish to post your information publicly, please feel free to send us a private message.

4. 3 yr geo user

3 yr geo user New Member

I think I may contact the installer first and get their take, then contact WF. I have had contact with a company rep who was very helpful.