Waterfurnace Thermostat help

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by greeby, Jan 19, 2013.

1. batman71

batman71 New Member

The contractor loaded the software update on Monday. The only change in the display is that it now shows Total KWh in addition to Avg. Heat KWh and Run Hours. Havent had a chance to monitor the Monthly Total. Before update, it was clearly reporting this number incorrectly.

After reading Josephparris post above, I am wondering whether I have the correct update or not ??

My HVAC contractor is none too happy about having to update 30 units they have in the field.

P2280009r.jpg

Attached Files:

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

The update was called back! He should not have installed it! New update is not out yet.

3. josephparris

josephparris Member

I talked to my HVAC installer yesterday and he still has not received the "updated - update" after sending it back a week ago.

4. batman71

batman71 New Member

My dealer informs me that the "recalled" update applies to the Series 7. The Series 5 (which is what I have) update is OK.

5. OH_Bueller

OH_Bueller New Member

Can someone please report instant power consumption values they are observing and whether they are pre or post thermostat updates?

About a month ago I started having compressor faults. My installer and Waterfurnace have been working on the problem- have updated thermostat software, replaced AXB board, and last week took Intellistart off-line - which seems to be have fixed it (I hope) - they should be installing a new Intellistart soon.

Anyway - in the course of all of this, I had photos of my instant energy use screen on the thermostat because a coworker and I were comparing our Climatemaster and WF systems. It appears (according to thermostat) that something has caused my 240V items in the cabinet to double in consumption (most likely was just reading incorrectly originally). I don't know if this is due to the thermostat update or the wiring in the cabinet. Here are the values from my thermostat:

H1 mode......................Before Repairs.....................After Repairs
    Fan...............................18W....................................40W
    Compressor...................789W.................................1672W
    Pump............................236W.................................236W

H2 mode......................Before Repairs.....................After Repairs
    Fan...............................18W....................................40W
    Compressor...................922W.................................1968W
    Pump............................236W.................................236W

6. batman71

batman71 New Member

The total power on my system has remained the same before and after thermostat update. Mine is a 3 ton open loop Series 5 so there is no pump component to the usage. In H1, my compressor and fan combined runs between 1,400 1,500 watts.

I was also getting a compressor lockout (fault) condition on my system. The installer has repaired that problem and as I recall he said it was attributable to the Intellistart.

FWIW, my system has been up and running about 5 weeks now.

7. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

OH_Bueller,

We have been in contact with your contractor in regards to your comments. They have informed us that they addressed these concerns with you, and your WaterFurnace equipment is operating correctly. Thank you for allowing us to work with you and your contractor in finding a resolution.

8. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

We began sending the 7 Series Software update out to our dealers earlier this week.

9. josephparris

josephparris Member

Getting my series 7 WF software update today. One for the thermostat and one for the unit itself. Yeah!

10. greeby

greeby New Member

Mine is Monday.

So do it improve things?

11. josephparris

josephparris Member

The verdict is still out on what it really does. The unit update was for the desuperheater tripping out before the setpoint. I will update when I see a difference.