Waterfurnace Series 7 AID Tool

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SReg, Sep 9, 2014.

1. SReg

SReg New Member

Does anyone have an AID tool that I could possibly purchase? I just installed a 4 ton 7 Series and am interested in purchasing one to monitor and diagnose my 7 series. My installer says these are not for sale to the general public but from what I have read this is not true.

You can PM me or email me directly at scott.regnier@gmail.com

Thanks for your help,
    Scott

2. ES - Stoneham MA

ES - Stoneham MA New Member

Hi, did you ever get a way to purchase the tool?

3. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I am never understanding non-support from installers. One knows what one is contracting for or one does not know how to deliver the sizzle or the steak.

Doc and I are never the cheapest, but we get R done. We may not agree on how, but we do provide comfort.

Mark

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  4. SReg

SReg New Member

Negative, I have not found one that I can buy as of yet.

Mark/Doc,
    Do either of you know where I may be able to purchase one? Maybe off of one of you ....

Scott

5. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

My distributor gave me one, so I'm not sure what the cost even is.

As this tool does allow you to change some advanced settings, you should have a good relationship with whomever gets you one. Because you can void any warranty. Assuming you are not a technician.

6. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I have about 12 of them, I will shy away from getting you one. As Chris says, they are meant for the installers, and sold to us at cost by WaterFurnace with the understanding that only trained technicians are supposed to use them. You can really damage a unit if you don't know what you are doing. Sorry.

7. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I am not a WF dealer, so no.