WaterFurnace S7 - "Error E5 frze detect fpi"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Graham C, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Graham C

Graham C New Member

Hi All,

We are experiencing a cold snap here in the North East (outside temps are around -5 to -10F) and I had this error appear on my new unit overnight

ERROR E5 frze detect fpi

It appears to still be running. I believe the leaving water just dropped below 32 (31.5 right now), return water is still around 34.5. Is this just a warning or a problem?

I'm waiting for my contractor to get back to me but I'm sure he is busy dealing with no-heat calls.

Thanks

M

2. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

If you are open loop then the unit correctly protected itself.

If you are closed loop with antifreeze then the freeze protection setting has been left in the open loop setting and needs to be switched to closed loop.

3. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Or your antifreeze concentrations are not enough and your unit actually starts ice build up. What model and manufacturer do you have. Where do you see the error appearing.

4. Graham C

Graham C New Member

Its a WaterFurnace Series 7 with a closed loop well system. The error is on the master stat.

I think urthbuoy is correct about the dip. Waiting for the contractor to call so I can confirm with him.

5. Graham C

Graham C New Member

Confimed. That was it. I changed SW2-1 on the Aurora board and the error cleared. Thanks guys.

6. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Simple fix. Glad it worked out!