Waterfurnace Rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bergy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bergy

Bergy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Shame on Waterfurnace! We have a client with a GeoComfort unit Mfg. by Waterfurnace, the compressor
    shorted out and we had a new compressor drop shipped direct from Waterfurnace. In the mean time, we rented a portable cooling unit to help keep our client's wife comfortable because she is going through Kemo.

The compressor arrived two days later and one side of the box is soaked with oil! We open the box and find the discharge has NO plug! Pull everything out of the box looking for the plug and find NONE... This compressor was shipped from Waterfurnace without a discharge plug. Waterfurnace refuses to step-up and overnight a new compressor so it will be Tuesday before we can repair the Geo. Four extra days of a less than comfortable home for our client... Shame on you Waterfurnace!!

Bergy

Palace GeoThermal likes this.
  2. parrisjr

parrisjr Member

My turn,

Sent an email to my regional rep over four days ago with a simple request.

Still waiting on a reply............

Palace GeoThermal likes this.
  3. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

We are all humans. I found that if they screw something up, they usually make up for it pretty generously.

4. ACES-Energy

ACES-Energy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I am guessing that maybe the compressor was shipped from a 3rd party and had nothing to do with WF...also, they seem to make everything up when you talk to the right people. In addition, it seems like many rants about WF but there are many more units out there..so if 1% of all units get a bad rap, if they have 10,000 versus someone with 1,000, there bad rants will be higher. Not defending them, just my $0.02

5. engineer

engineer Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Buttonhole your WF territory manager on this one. We in the southeast are lucky to have a good one who can drill down into the Fort Wayne organization.