Waterfurnace Perfect Choice Savings Event

Discussion in 'Quotes and Proposals' started by bdbsenji, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bdbsenji

bdbsenji New Member

I am in the process of having a Waterfurnace Series 5 unit installed. My dealer has given me a quote, which I have accepted. After I accepted the bid, Waterfurnace started their "Perfect Choice Savings Event". My dealer is telling me that his distributor (AWEB Supply) will not honor the "savings event." As of yet, no equipment has been purchased. My dealer has also told me that these events are basically a shell game i.e. the dealer ups his bid and then gives the discount. Can anyone, (including Waterfurnace and AWEB Supply) either confirm or enlighten me on this process? Thanks

2. JFLame

JFLame Member

What I got from one of my dealers is that it's a 50/50 split, Waterfurnace pays half the rebate, the dealer kicks in for the other half. This isn't out of line with what other manufacturers do for other products.

So the part about marking up the bid is spot on, the dealer marks up in order to keep his $750. But, if you were going to purchase the options required for the rebate you actually will end up with $750 off. If you didn't want the options required to get the rebate though it's probably a wash.

3. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I would call this:

Marketing.

As Stephanie and I travel about on design build or rescue work, we get to see all the gimmicks.

4. bdbsenji

bdbsenji New Member

Thanks for the info.. It just doesn't seem right when Waterfurnace "tells" its dealers that
    they have to suck up half of the promotion that THEY are putting on and that the distributor (AWEB) won't pass the promotion they are receiving from Waterfurnace on to their dealers.

5. engineer

engineer Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Carrier "cool cash" works the same way. Dealer has to put up half, Carrier 25%, Distributor 25%

6. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Soooo what you are saying is you were satisfied with the deal until you thought maybe you could pay less?
    Fair enough we would all rather pay less, so just tell the dealer you would like to start over since you know this deal is out there.

7. bdbsenji

bdbsenji New Member

The problem is that his distributor (AWEB), will not honor the program, and in order for me to receive the promotion, he would have to eat the entire amount. I do not want my dealer to have to absorb the entire amount, especially since he bid the job prior to the event.