Waterfurnace E59 Lockout

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by josephparris, Nov 15, 2013.

1. josephparris

josephparris Member

I have just received a lockout today on my thermostat. I reset it and immediately connected my AID tool to my system to see what the lockout was from. It read E59 "Int Drive Error"

Any idea what this is and why it would have happened. Something to worry about?

Thanks

2. geoxne

geoxne Active Member Forum Leader

Manual Says
    "E59, Drive Fault - Internal Error
    - The drive has
    encountered an internal error, e.g. missing communication
    between the microprocessors. The drive goes immediately
    into a trip lock condition. To restart the system, it is
    necessary to cycle power to the drive and to perform a
    reset, however it is likely that the drive will not recover from
    this condition."

"The MOC has encountered an internal fault or an internal error.
    Probably fatal."

Try power down 60 seconds minimum to reset. Keep your fingers crossed. Call for service immediately even if it restarts. The AOC/MOC are not communicating.

3. josephparris

josephparris Member

Thanks geoxne,

The system is running again after it was reset at the thermostat. I will contact installer on Monday.

Thanks again.....

4. Neokane

Neokane Member

I just received notification of an E59 Lockout from my WF series 7. The wife reset the notification and the unit is running again. I just had the unit serviced last month and it is only 4 year old.
    How important is it that I have my installer check this out? Should I wait till it happens again or call monday?

5. Neokane

Neokane Member

Logged into the unit and I Found the active input was Y1G and Active outputs where CC G AR.