Georgia Waterfurnace Desuperheater Leaking

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gary Caines, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Gary Caines

Gary Caines New Member

I have a Waterfurnace Envision system, Model #NDV049A111CTL. Unfortunately, the desuperheater started leaking and flooded part of my basement. The unit was installed in 2008 and the warranty has since expired. I'm trying to determine how difficult it is to replace the desuperheater. It is located in the rear of the cabinet and is difficult to even see much of it except the end on the right side. I had to cut the water off in the house due to the leak. Since there were no cutoff valves on the water lines to the desuperheater, I went ahead and installed two ball valves so I could turn the water back on in the house. This geothermal system has previously been very reliable with one exception. The coil developed a freon leak shortly before the warranty expired and Waterfurnace replaced it under warranty. As I see it, I have three choices.
    1. Replace the desuperheater
    2. Replace the entire Envision System
    3. Forget the desuperheater and turn the water heater back on

Obviously, the 3rd option is likely the cheapest but I liked the desuperheater. My main question is 'How difficult is it to replace?'

2. Deuce

Deuce Member

Good analysis, I would choose #3 if it is difficult to replace.