Water Furnace repair after repair after repair

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CincyDave, Mar 12, 2013.

1. CincyDave

CincyDave New Member

We had a 4 ton Legend installed in 2009. Since then, we have had 2 compressors and one thermal expansion valve replaced.

Now we need a coax replaced.

I have 2 issues,

1. Do we have a lemon?

2. We stopped using our installer and began using another company. The water flow trouble light came on. We have water coming from thawing ice and our electric bill has been climbing. They are telling me to replace the coax, we will have to pay $350 for a deductible and refrigerant. We did not pay anything for the 2 compressors. A 3d installer tells me $350 is a good price. I'm not convinced. Water Furnace tells me they pay $11 per ton (?) for refrigerant and I am responsible for the remainder. The same goes for the labor rate and to take up the overage with the provider.

What gives?

2. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

I have no explanation for the frequency of repairs. I don't know how competant your installer/repairers were/are.
    $350 from someone who didn't install the unit is cheap for a coax repair. I would not do it for that if I did not install the unit. I would charge nothing if I did install the heat pump.

3. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

CincyDave,

We have read your comments and will be more than happy to look into your inquiry further. Can you please provide your model and serial numbers, as well as the name of the contractor you are working with? If you do not wish to post this information publicly, please feel free to send us a private message.

4. CincyDave

CincyDave New Member

Thank you, a pm was sent.

5. engineer

engineer Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Let us know how this pans out.

6. CincyDave

CincyDave New Member

Its not my purpose to bash Water Furnace. My research showed they are capable units. At this point, the installation may be suspect.

7. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I get down that way and will take the warranty pittance provided by WF, Inc.

Mark

8. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

CincyDave,

Thank you for the additional information. The warranty on your WaterFurnace unit provides the replacement part at no charge, as well as a labor allowance to the contractor. The amount of the labor allowance depends on the part that is replaced. If the amount provided does not cover the contractor’s normal fee, or if it takes longer on a particular repair than the flat fee allows, the contractor makes the decision about whether or not they will pass through the cost to the customer. We regularly check our warranty allowance with those of our competitors and find that we consistently meet or exceed the rates of our competitors.

9. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

Hey WF:

Your typing and empathy seems improved. Keep up the good work.

Mark
    lake-erie-indoor-air-services.net