Water Furnace Geothermal Control Options

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Caddo, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Caddo

Caddo New Member

I am in the beginning stages of replacing my old conventional heat pump with a geothermal system. I have decided to purchase a WaterFurnace system. I lean towards the 7 series even though my contractor thinks the 5 series would be sufficient. Our home is log, 1350 sq. ft. with a full finished basement, very well insulated, and easy to heat. The unit we're replacing is a 2.5 ton heat pump with a 3 ton evaporator. I'm liking the 7 series over the 5 series mainly because I understand the 7 series to be an inverter system. and I'm told the 7 series uses EEV technology. My question is about the controls. My installer recommends a series 5 with the basic controls. I like the tech of the Symphony system for the monitoring, precise tuning, and troubleshooting. The off site (WiFi) stuff is something I'm not all that jacked up about, but that's part of the package. Also, do you know anything about the AXB advanced controls ?

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

AXB gives your installer even more advanced monitoring options, such as performance monitoring and refrigerant monitoring...I yet have to have a customer who does not rave about the 7 series. Expensive but worth it.

3. Caddo

Caddo New Member

Thank you. I appreciate your reply. You're right about the expense. I'm just trying to justify the investment.

4. docjenser

I don't want to sound like a sales guy, but you likely appreciate the quality and comfort long after you forget about the price.

5. bdbsenji

bdbsenji New Member

I am not a sales guy, but a customer and I have both units. The 5 series is upstairs and the 7 series is downstairs. The 7 series is AWESOME!!!! It has the 5 beat in all areas.
    It is VERY quiet and runs on the lower speeds most of the time and holds the temperature within a gnat's a__! It also uses incredibly low amounts of energy with the variable speed pump.
    All in all SPEND the extra dollars for the 7 series.

6. Caddo

Caddo New Member

Thanks bdbsenji. I talked to my contractor last night and ordered the 7 series with the desuperheater option. I’m also in for the Symphony remote platform . I’m told the AXB is part of the 7 series by my contractor, so I’m thinking I’m all in. Drilling is scheduled to begin today. Busy days.

7. docjenser

The 7 series comes with the AXB board, but not with the performance monitoring standard. Make your you get that option.