Wanting to upgrade from Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostats to WIFI thermostats

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TimF, Feb 8, 2013.

1. TimF

TimF Member

I currently have two Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostats (one for each air handler) both tied to a common Honeywell VisionPro IAQ Equipment Interface Module (EIM). There is one outdoor temperature/humidy sensor which I believe is tied to the EIM. The thermostats provide stage and heat strip control for the air handlers. In addition, the downstairs thermostat also controls a Trane bypass humidifier on that associated air handler. Neither thermostat controls the HP..the HP is controlled solely by a HBX CPU-0500.

I'm anticipating that for a variety of circumstances, we may need to be away from home for extended periods of time in the not too distant future. I'd like to be able to monitor my home thermostat indoor temps as well as possibly control the thermostat temperature settings etc remotely via WIFI. I've been able to find information on one or more Honeywell WIFI thermostats geared for the consumer, however, I've not been able to find much information on the Honeywell Pro WIFI thermostats. I've read elsewhere that Honeywell prefers professionals to be installing the PRO series, therefore, that's why I suspect I'm not finding much information on-line regarding the Pro WIFI enabled series.

In any case, from what I understand I would need Honeywell Redlink for the WIFI connection in addition to WIFI enabled thermostats and/or EIM. What I can't seem to find is what is the progression in terms of Honeywell PRO series thermostats / EIM to get me from my current Vision Pro IAQ to a compatible Honeywell PRO IAQ WIFI environment using Redlink that will allow me at a minimum to remotely monitor and adjust indoor temps at each thermostat.

(Note: Although I'm not ruling out other brands of thermostats if they provide the same or more functionality at the same price point, at this point I'm leaning towards Honeywell only because I'm somewhat familiar with the existing setup.)

Any info/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    TimF