Variable Speed Compressor, on demand hot water

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by docjenser, Mar 24, 2012.

1. zacmobile

zacmobile Guest

water to water?

But what I want to know is: when will we see the water to water version? I find it curious that water to air is always front & centre and the water to water units always seem to be an afterthought, even though most new houses I've seen in the past 5 years have some form of hydronic heating in them. Unless my area is just an anomaly and the US air conditioning market is driving all the latest technology.. oh wait, it is.

2. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

zac in my AO most of our business is retrofit, so we are connecting to existing delivery systems. WTW for us is about 1 in 50.
    With Climatemaster however, their last big product intro was WTW as far as new equipment- THN

3. zacmobile

zacmobile Guest

product intros

You mean the THW? that was a while ago now, I thought their last one was the TZ?

4. AMI Contracting

Sorry Zac I didn't percieve a reduced efficiency mid grade model as a "big product intro"; sort of a step back....

5. zacmobile

zacmobile Guest

lol:D I guess it depends on your point of view.

6. AMI Contracting

Sorry Zac, I gues I was thinking in terms of "breakthrough" but I did write "intro".:eek:

7. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I heard today that run time will about double, but consumption of circulations pumps will go down by more than 90%.

8. zacmobile

zacmobile Guest

pumping

Yes, I would be surprised if it didn't have an internal variable speed ECM loop pump, I get the feeling that will be the norm now, it is on most euro units.

9. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I am EU engineering all the way,

but Why do we need to make their mistakes our normal?

Jump ahead and use water to water.

mark