Missouri trying to find size of my current system

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by turbo v6 camaro, Jun 29, 2018.

1. turbo v6 camaro

turbo v6 camaro New Member

hello

I have mammoth geo

model
    D045VLG-R

I cannot find anything online about this, can anyone help on to what size this is?

I have had 3 people out to replace this and one says i need 3 ton, one says i need 4 and one says i need maybe up to 5

I was told by the pervous owner the loop 3x 315 foot wells witch i told can support a 5ton ?

I'm trying to confirm with the prevous owner the wells and the location

2. nc73

nc73 Member

The other thing you could do is get a manual J done to be sure and base the tonnage on the results. Or simply go by what the previous owner says.

3. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Just by the nomenclature, you probably have a 3.75 ton unit.

You might want to consider a 5 ton variable speed and let the heat pump find its sweet spot....being able to adjust the compressor speed. What kind of circulation pumps you have for the loop? How many? what is the pipe size going to the loop field?

4. turbo v6 camaro

turbo v6 camaro New Member

Hello thank you, the owner got back to us and said 3x 150 foot Wells
    The pipe is 1 inch pvc at the Geo it might be 1.25 or 1.5 I'll look when I get home
    there are 2 pumps one on to the field and one from the field

I'm very interested in the series 7 but I was told it only comes in 3.5 or 5ton so it may not be fit for me if my field is too small for the 5 and I need a 4 or 5

5. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

7 series comes in 3, 4 or 5 ton.

You do want to take out the (2) pump flow center, and replace it with a variable speed circulation pump.

I have been relative aggressive in abusing loop fields when replacing existing heat pumps with larger units. Keep in mind that the load on the loop field determines its size, not so much the size of the actual heatpump.