Thermostat Lockout

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by geek, Feb 19, 2013.

1. geek

geek New Member

First, thanks to everyone with your help on my previous posts. As I get to know my system, I run into all sorts of unexpected bumps. Went away for the weekend and set the temperature to hold (should have used vacation hold, but didn't realize until reviewing the manual) while we were gone. When we got back, one of the thermostats (Waterfurnace labeled TP32U03) gave me a weird lockout error when I returned (see attached), presumably from returning to temperature, and I wasn't able to unlock or reset the trip. Eventually, I powered down the airhandler circuit that was running the thermostats/intellizone. Temperature seemed to be at the proper level.

Any idea what would cause this kind error (so I can avoid it in the future) and how to reset the lockout from the thermostat?

Attached Files:

2. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

geek,

We have read your comments regarding the unit locking out. Were there any fault lights on the WaterFurnace unit?

3. geek

geek New Member

I don't know. I was not at home at the time and I was coaching my wife through troubleshooting. It's a split system and only the airhandler circuit (which also has the intellizone and 2 thermostats) was powered off and on to get the lockout to reset, so there were probably no fault lights on the split. The room was at the proper temperature (I keep a digital thermometer and hygrometer nearby), so the waterfurnace unit was probably working properly. She had just returned after the thermostat vacation hold expired, which means that it's possible that the heat would have continued to rise and that the temperature being correct was a coincidence.

I was under the impression that the thermostats only send signals, don't receive any, and that a unit lockout would not show up on these thermostats. Is that not coreect?

4. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

geek,

We apologize for our delay in response. Can you please provide the model and serial numbers of your WaterFurnace unit so we may look into your inquiry further? If you do not wish to post this information publicly, please feel free to send us a private message.