Ohio The start of my Geo journey… appreciate any input!

Discussion in 'Geothermal Heat Pump Testimonials' started by Tyler Z, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Tyler Z

Tyler Z New Member

Good point on the pipes unless I plan to blow them out for winter perhaps I am better off using a separate trench or just sticking with my garden hoses on the surface I use today.

I appreciate the input on stacked loop performance.... it looked like a lot of pipe per sq/ft of trench to me however it was what many of the local "experts" seem to use. I have all of the room in the world for loops at my place so based on your input I might increase to 3 trenches 8' deep with 2 loops in each vs. the original 3 loops. Dig time wise I could do 6 trenches to only 6' deep with one loop in each in roughly the same time. Either way it looks like going to 6 total loops at 600' takes my head pressure down to 7.3' with a 3100 Reynolds (16GPM) and will only require about 100' more trench to dig.

Looking at the Tranquility 30 performance charts a few degrees in water temp do seem to make a big difference in COP... not sure if the real world mirrors paper.

Thanks again... I have learned a lot from everyone here and am excited to start the install shortly!

Tyler

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Good luck. Don't hesitate to ask if things are in question.

3. Tyler Z

Tyler Z New Member

Thanks Doc,

Any experience with the Geo Booster or Geo Prime tanks? Looks like a cheap way to reduce some of the down sides to the pressurized system (I got the internal variable speed pump) I am putting in? Less likely to trip out for a small issue or just a waste of money since the internal variable pump already has an expansion tank?

Tyler

4. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

No experience. I do not like the pump inside the cabinet. I understand their rationale but prefer it outside for easy access in for of a non pressurized flow center.

5. Tyler Z

Tyler Z New Member

Hi all, hope everyone is having a great holiday. I have most of the install complete but had a quick question. How is everyone doing turning vanes? I found Durodyne vane rail... looks like I just chop up some sheet metal and make my own vanes for these rails. Is that the best way or am I missing something easier?

Thanks,
    Tyler

6. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

The rails will work and is a simpler plan than making a sweep boot with out a shop and a pittsburg machine.