Alaska Thanks & Now my Thermostat Settings

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BatocheBob, Dec 17, 2014.

1. BatocheBob

BatocheBob Member

I recently posted a Thread titled 'System Satisfaction Level' after reading several other threads. In those threads owners expressed disappointment with their systems. Having gone through it myself and having gained a better understanding of some of the events that caused this disappointment I made a rather inarticulate attempt to explain the reasons I found for my disappointment and generally offer some support for geothermal systems and maybe get some feedback from other members. I'm not sure I got too much feedback from owner members but I did get some good feedback from the pros who monitor this forum and want to publicly thank them for the service they provide.

During that thread it was suggested that I might want to try a narrower differential on my thermostat but I don't seem to have that ability. The thermostat is a ClimateMaster ATP32U04 connected to a Tranquility 27 (TT). Currently it is set to a 1° differential with the only other option being 0. In the process of looking over the thermostat I found a menu for Temperature Algorithm but my dealer didn't know what this is. There are three possible settings; Proportional Integral, Proportional Integral No Downstaging and Differential. Initially thinking these where three submenus I selected Differential and pressed Enter; the thermostat saved the setting, obviously it wasn't a submenu. I decided to leave it like that to see if anything changed. later that evening when the thermostat should have been calling for heat nothing happened so I went in and changed the setting back to Proportional Integral and the heat worked as before. Obviously I don't have the ability to set the differential to 1/2° as suggested, my dealer has suggested setting it to zero and see what happens.

Can anyone explain how the three temperature algorithms mentioned above affect the performance of the heat pump and is there any tie between the temperature algorithm and the temperature differential? Thanks

PS Still bugs me that Canadian provinces are not available in the mandatory prefix. I'm from Saskatchewan

2. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Active Member Forum Leader

Sorry I can't help with the tstat, but Saskatchewan is in the prefixes. It wasn't mandatory either.

When I start a new thread it says "No Prefix" next to where I enter the subject, with a down arrow for submenu, that's where I saw your area.

Chris

3. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Try 0 it is less than one so (guessing) .5ish

4. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

5. BatocheBob

BatocheBob Member

Joe, My dealer suggested 0 too. I'll give it a try.

Chris, Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I was looking for. Gotta' wonder why my dealer didn't have the same info?

Many thanks to both of you. :)