Maryland Short Cycling???

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by goochman, Jan 15, 2016.

1. moey

moey Member

If it were me Id go buy a 2 gallon garden/weed sprayer and drain a little bit then add more glycol mix with it. Being careful not to get air in it. Then put some fluid in the freezer and test. Youd probably have to experiment to come up with the best procedure to avoid sending a slug of air in the loop. Youd have to buy some fittings Im sure as well.

2. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

Make friends with someone with a 2 HP pool pump, then call me.

Mark

3. goochman

goochman New Member

My pool pump is unfort only 1hp :(

Just curious from the community if a loop can lose 10% of its "distillation" in 5 years or would this signal that loop wasnt setup properly form the start
    and also if $1000 is a reasonable amount to raise a 5 ton loop's distillation 10%?

4. goochman

goochman New Member

An update on my situation - my installer came out today with the well people and sure enough it was 10%. The well people took care of bringing it to the 21% recommended level so we'll see how things go in the future. Unfort the cold season is pretty much done here so Ill have to wait until next winter to see if that was the root cause.

Thanks for everyones input on this - def helped me make my case to get this fixed for free!