Replacing a dead WEL

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gnick, Apr 19, 2017.

1. gnick

gnick New Member

After seven years of faithful service - and excellent support from Phil - my WEL 0222 has crashed (unrecoverable according to Mr. Malone). At that point, I thought I would just let it go, but I find myself wondering daily how the geo system is running and hate having no window into its operational status now. I would gladly buy a new WEL, but I fear I won't be able to recreate all the device names, expressions, and scaling factors that evolved over the years. The original models had no provision for storing them, so I would have to copy them from screen caps I saved. My problem is that I neglected to create a logic diagram that explains what each device and expression are, so I'm fearful that I won't be able to get a new one set up.

Is that my best option, or are there other products available now that are easier to set up and are capable of utilizing my existing wiring, sensors, and pulse counters?

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

No, Besides the Waterfurnace symphony system, which is proprietary to WF, the WEL is still the best out there. In my humble opinion.