Quote conflicts

Discussion in 'Quotes and Proposals' started by MrEnte, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Calladrilling

Calladrilling Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I will take more offense to your constant misspelling of JERSEY.

2. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Sorry, you know I live in Delawhere.

3. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

LMAO

By the way, my driller stopped byto mark where he intends to drill. So I asked him for another 500' of loop. Just kidding.

4. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I do not drill. I can not spell. I can run a hoe, but not fast enough to make money.

I do know how to design stuff that works and how to guide folks to build what I think up.

MrEnte san make sure those spots to drill are at least 15' apart on center. Keep waxing and you will be happy.

Mark

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  5. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll get out my tape measure and measure the marker flags.

6. Mark Custis

At last.

Good luck with your project.

Mark

7. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

Maybe some of my neighbors will see all of the drilling and want a geothermal install too. Can you say referral bonus?

Looking into this geothermal project really has me thinking (as you can probably already tell). I may have to put solar in next year's budget. Maybe I can get close to a Net-Zero house. The idea of no utility bills is very exciting.

8. waterpirate

Net zero = I thougt I saw a mermaid one day, but the sun was inmy eye. Unless a house is designed for net zero from the beginning, you may see a drastic reduction, but net zero will have you chaseing a white whale.
    Eric

9. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

I can dare to dream can't I? I just insulated my recessed ceiling lights & I'm insulating the unfinished part of my basement next this week. I also am in the process of replacing all of my light bulbs with CFL & LED lights.

Okay you're right. Net Zero might not be in the cards, but with the efficient Geothermal, solar, insulation & sealing improvements, it would be in a lot closer than I am now.

Besides, my swimming skills are not too great so chasing a white whale would be a fruitless effort.

10. waterpirate

Did not mean to discourage your efforts. I love " drastic reduction ". I tinkered around with net zero for a while and felt like don quioute', tilting at windmills when I found out how many I needed and how much they cost.
    Eric

11. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

Unit was delivered and is in my basement awaiting installation. Permits should be approved in the next couple of days. Good thing that I placed my order for my Waterfurnace series 7 a couple of weeks ago. The $2500 factory rebate is over & the price went up $500.

12. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

Update, Although the install happened about two weeks late, I must say that everything else was great about the install. The drillers were efficient and very nice. The guys trenching did a great job of smoothing out all of the dirt. They even smoothed out a hill in my yard from an old tree. The installers were great to work with. Answered all of my questions, were very neat and cleaned after each day of the install. They made very little dust or dirt. They even used some excess insulation to finish the recessed light covers that I was working on while they were in my attic installing a new return.

I must say that our house has never been more comfortable. This is great for our newborn. The unit runs quiet and I am very pleased.

Today they should finish installing the tank for the de-superheater patch the holes in the wall from the old furnace, finish installing the dehumidifier & maybe a few minor adjustments.

I can already tell that just from the comfort perspective that this was a good investment.

13. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I am glad you are happy, maybe you can give more feedback on the 7-series from a customers perspective. Make sure they set the circulation pump for the correct amount of flow. Does the flowcenter have 1 or 2 pumps?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  14. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

I'll leave feedback on the series 7 after having it for a while. But so far I must say that somehow the air seems fresher in the house, and it is super quiet.

Well I sure hope they set the circulation pump for the correct amount of flow, because I have no idea how to tell.

I don't know if it has 2 pumps but here is a pic of the flow center.
    Flow center and humidifier.jpg Water furnace Series 7 Geothermal heat pump front view.jpg

15. docjenser

Yep, 2 pumps, a constant speed and a variable speed. Chances are that your pumping power is way to high...

16. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Premium heat pump, why that humidifier.....

17. docjenser

I missed that one. Yes, the 7-series is the last one to need humidification.

18. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

I think that I may have over reacted to the extreme dry air we had in our house last winter. I thought a humidifier would do the trick. But it sounds like you guys think it wasn't necessay and i could have saved $600.
    Just for my own curiosity, can someone explain how the 7 series would solve my dry air in the house without a humidifier?

19. Mark Custis

Since you are not using house air to burn carbon products, with your heat pump, you will have less infiltration of outdoor cold air which holds less water, during heating season.

When burning fuel in a home the O2 needs to come from someplace, usually the conditioned space. This is not happening with your geo unit.

Indoor Air Quality is a whole new conversation.

Mark

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  20. MrEnte

MrEnte Member

Interesting. If this is the case, why do most of the geothermal installers(at least the ones that I got quotes from ), offer the humidifier option? Seems like just a way to change more labor. The only reason that I got one with my install was that I could get 30% back from Uncle Sam.