Question on GeoLink Flowcenter FC2-FPT - power draw

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JRBGEO, Mar 9, 2011.

1. JRBGEO

JRBGEO Member Forum Leader

I have a GeoLink Flowcenter FC2-FPT with two Grundfos pumps (TYP UP 26-99)

My system is shown below (WEL0444)

Energy and Thermal data for Bethencourt Residence - WEL0444

From the info on the label in the pump it looks like the power draw for "each" pump is 1.07 AMPS (245 Watts)....does this sound correct? Just trying to validate that this is right as I could not find any info on the GeoLink user manual under the electrical data section so I am relying on what the pump label says....

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

2. geome

geome Member Forum Leader

You can read through this thread, where some people have measured amps and voltages. I believe this is for the same pump.

http://forum.geoexchange.org/geothermal-heat-pump-discussions/4530-turbulent-flow-4.html

3. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

JRBGEO,

We have sent you a private message with the information you have requested.

4. JRBGEO

JRBGEO Member Forum Leader

Thanks!

Thanks for both replies...I appreciate it.

5. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Is there any reason the question couldn't be answered publicly? Someone else may want to know.

6. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

AMI Contracting,

We have different manuals available for the different equipment options we offer. Therefore, as a rule, we send manuals direct to ensure that they receive the correct information for their specific equipment. The manual we forwarded directly to JRBGEO was information for his specific application. If there is something specific that a WaterFurnace owner is looking for, we would encourage them to contact us, as we will be more than happy to provide them with information they are looking for.

7. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

The reason

I do not do business with some companies.

They act like the CIA.

8. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

9. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

WF does not make these pumps, and a 26-99 is always a 26-99 regardless of the unit it is attached to. One might say they draw 1 amp give or take depending on viscosity etc.
    Not trying to bust your chops WF, but you did make it sound like an "ancient chinese secret".
    j

10. WF_Inc

WF_Inc Member

AMI Contracting,

The information is not a secret, and we will be more than happy to provide this information to anyone who requests it.

11. moondawg

moondawg Member

Anytime you publish information, you take the chance of making an error.

If I were in WF's shoes, I'd do the same thing they are currently doing: either publish a link back to my website or send material directly. That way, if I discover an error in my information, I can change it in ONE place, and I can potentially send a note to the people who contacted me for information and let them know the info has changed.

If I posted the information in several different places (especially ones not controlled by me) on the internet.... then I may not be able to remove the incorrect information... and people will continue to be able to reference the bad information.

12. Looby

Looby Member Forum Leader

Might be slightly more effective if the website to which the link
    pointed contained the information requested ...dontcha think?

BTW, WF's Canadian web site doesn't seem to be nearly as
    paranoid about leaking DoubleSuperSecret information:

http://www.waterfurnace.ca/Engineer/index.php

...but still no "unit specific" revelations on pump power draw,

Looby