Q Energy WAV036 geothermal heat pump Reviews?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric Kurtz, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Eric Kurtz

Eric Kurtz Member

I would love to here of any first hand experience with them.

I just received a quote from a local contractor for a 3 ton Q Energy Model # WAV036. They are based out of Wisconsin. They have a nice website and seem to have a good unit. They are using Copeland scroll 2 stage compressors like about everyone else does. Not sure if they use ECM blowers or not. I am checking on that right now. Quoted price was $6678 with CuNi coil. Ratings and efficiencies from website are respectable, but slightly less than CM Tranquility 30.
    Thanks,
    Eric Kurtz

2. Eric Kurtz

Eric Kurtz Member

Just an update... they do have ECM blowers set for 2 different speeds which are field adjustable. I talked directly to the owner/engineer. Q Energy is about 5 yrs old and they have about 1000 units installed. Q Energy gives a 10 year parts and labor with a 5 year money back warranty. Per the owner they have had 5 units come back, 2 due to lightning strikes, 2 due to improper install and 1 for a failed compressor. They have not been around long enough to know anything for certain, but seem to be a promising company. The only downside I can see is that parts could become an issue if the company does not stay in business or ramp up production. Would love to hear any info/thoughts anyone has... good or bad!