Pressure or not

Discussion in 'Geothermal Heat Pump Applications' started by Cain, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Cain

Cain Member

OK this is great input yet again. regarding balance, if all three loops are handling equal load, I am getting the most possible out of my field. Great article and I will humbly walk down to my basement and start plumbing it in. In my profession there are many instances where it is easier to say "that is the way it works" and it really does work. Thanks again.

There is an accessory listed for my Gelologix unit called a modulating valve kit. seems like a good idea as it adjusts flow according to the furnace load. Will these work with non pressured systems and is it a good investment?

Honestly if the heat wasnt on with winter approaching, I would really enjoy this project. I am intently hoping my system works great and it is all worth it. this whole field is extremely cool (puns intended).

Again, I appreciate your expertise!!! Thanks!

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Modulating valves are good with variable speed, pressure regulated pumps. It sounds like you have a constant speed pump there, so don't waste you money and skip the modulating valve.

urthbuoy likes this.
  3. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

great article there doc....thanks for sharing

4. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

"OK this is great input yet again. regarding balance, if all three loops are handling equal load, I am getting the most possible out of my field."
    As the article points out imbalance may matter little while tools to create balance may raise both up front and operating cost.

5. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

The point is that your loops handle pretty much the same load, one being 0.17% shorter than the other does not matter.