New York Pinging noise coming from fan

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by willy13, Mar 27, 2018.

1. willy13

willy13 New Member

This is my 3rd year with my WaterFurnace GeoThermal unit. A couple weeks ago I had a odd pinging noise coming from the blower fan area of the unit. You can hear it echo through the duct work throughout the house. It is a ping with a temporary reduction in blower speed. It pings every few seconds for a span of a couple minutes. It will then return to normal fan speed without the ping for a few minutes and then go back to this pinging/flucuating fan speed cycle. A couple weeks ago this happened but it stopped after about 4 hours. Its been fine until this morning when it started again. I told my installer a couple weeks ago about this but he couldn't do much since the unit was back to normal. I am curious if this is a common enough problem that someone may recognize it. Below is a link to a posting of the sound on my facebook page. Hopefully the link works and thanks for the help.
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...deos/10215375170313739/&show_text=0&width=846" width="846" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

2. willy13

willy13 New Member