Illinois New Trane TVGX system

Discussion in 'Geothermal Heat Pump Testimonials' started by KidMelody, Oct 13, 2015.

1. KidMelody

KidMelody New Member

Hello, just installed last week a new 4 ton trane TVGX with 5 vertical loops and variable speed flow center. I went ahead and had installed the buffer tank for the desuperheater as well as a hybrid heat pump water heater. This is for a 3900 sq ft (including finished basement).

I am coming from an 80% efficient propane furnace.

Just thought I would introduce myself and start a thread to share my experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. No radius throats or back on the return ell. Hopefully you installed turning vanes. Also hopefully you did a radius ell or wye on the supply side. Also would have cleaned up the piping a little and raised the hoses off of the concrete slab.

3. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Welcome and thanks for sharing

4. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Welcome to the forum, and congrats to your install. Just ignore the "I would have done it better" comments from some Newbies here.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Stickman

Stickman Active Member Forum Leader

Welcome KidMelody. You have found THE best resource for GSHP info and assistance out there. Ask away - you'll get plenty of knowledgeable replies here. As a former oil consumer myself, I think you'll appreciate not having to fill your propane tank this coming winter. Good luck with your new system!

6. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Hi and welcome! Any plans for a data logger of any type? We love data!
    Eric
    also a former oil burner junkie

7. docjenser
    Actually learn a little something about custom designed sheet metal systems before you again make such stupid comments. Please learn about the dynamics of sheetmetal fittings by actually looking at Manual D. But all I have to do is look at your one photo on your plain website to show what your really about. Heck I bet you sub contract your ductwork anyway if truth were to be known. Search your install manual to see that they recommend a radius throat and radius back drop check elbow in the installation instructions. You might want to read your install manuals once in a while

8. Honestly an average job that we see from our competitors installing on a daily basis. Nothing special though. Not trying to be a smartAAA. But it is again average.
    We would do not do that kind of work but that is just us.
    But it is like most jobs we see with major issues on the ducted side of the job.
    You have a great system and designed and installed so why kill it with squared duct fittings with no turning vanes that I can see?

9. Honestly an average job that we see from our competitors installing on a daily basis. Nothing special though. Not trying to be a smartAAA. But it is again average.
    We would do not do that kind of work but that is just us.
    But it is like most jobs we see with major issues on the ducted side of the job.
    You have a great system and designed and installed so why kill it with squared duct fittings with no turning vanes that I can see?

10. heatoldhome

heatoldhome Geo Student Forum Leader

Welcome to the forum!

11. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

;)Yes, there are turning vanes in our ductwork. Again, the rest of your rant I leave for others to judge.

12. mtrentw

mtrentw Active Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

As a professional mechanical engineer and a bit of a DIY junkie, I truly appreciate the valuable information I have learned on this forum from the professional mechanical contractors, drillers and installers. It is welcoming to see new professionals join and bring ideas to the forum with ideas for growth of Geothermal into a wide array of industries. I find the back and forth and differences of opinion quite insightful and much more useful when folks are a bit more humble and welcoming to other ways of thinking. I really bet Spirits has some insight that can prove quite useful and a welcome addition to the forum. That said, I think some of the negative attitudes toward the long term pros on site could really cause confusion for some newbies who really want to hear a range of opinions.

13. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

I agree with Trent. That is why Doc and I put down our guns.

Mark

Krishna likes this.
  14. Natrually Aspirated

Natrually Aspirated New Member

The critique of systems is nice to have, however the way those critiques are engaged is important. I think if I were to offer up the same points as Spirit I would have been a little less harsh.

I am one of the newbies that is sponging up the wealth of information here.

15. KidMelody

KidMelody New Member

Thanks for the advice, I will keep an eye on my filter. If one area appears dirtier I will have some turning vanes installed at that point. If it appears that the airflow is even I won't lose any sleep over it.;)

16. Listen guys I do agree and apologize for being aggressive. I am new to forums and I guess I got my feathers ruffled rather quick.

17. mtrentw

mtrentw Active Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to your continued input. Lots of great folks on here.