Need to replace the Flow Reduction valve on ClimateMaster TE30

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Les Kostolanci, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Les Kostolanci

Les Kostolanci New Member

I recently replaced my 19 year old Trane Geothermal heat pump with a ClimateMaster Tranquility TE038. So far everything works perfect, and the unit is much quieter than the Trane. But I received a phone call from the Installer stating that they were notified by CM that the Flow Reduction valve needs to be replaced with a ball valve because the FR valve could leak and flood the basement. They went on to say that this is only applicable to open Loop systems. I tried to call ClimateMaster to get details, but have yet to receive a response. Does anyone know if this is an inherent design issue with these units? Will changing to a ball valve affect efficiency?

2. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

I'm sorry are we talking about a reducing valve or the modulating valve or......?

3. Les Kostolanci

Don't know. The installer (or the clerk representing the Installer) referred to it as a Flow Reduction valve. In the conversation, she also referred to it as a flow valve or pressure valve.

4. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

All I can do is guess what you are referring to which may not be helpful. Can you take a picture?
    If you trust your installer, let 'em at it.

5. Les Kostolanci

I'm not allowing it to get done until I can speak to a ClimateMaster rep. Just want to be sure they are not referring to the V Flow valve.

6. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

It could be as simple not using a ball valve as a balancing valve in some types of water.

Mark

7. Todd

Todd New Member

Was there ever a conclusion to this problem?