Motorized Modulating Water Control Valve for open loop system

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bill H, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Bill H

Bill H New Member

An external valve should be used on ground water systems to shut off flow when the compressor is not operating.
    Can a Taco Geo Sentry be used as a motorizes modulating water control valve with a Heat Controller GeoLogix HTS Series Split System?... if Yes, what is the proper way to wire it to the DXM2

2. geoxne

geoxne Active Member Forum Leader

The Taco Geo Sentry is an on/off valve and does NOT modulate.

The Heat Controller units are rebadged Climatemaster. Climatemaster uses Belimo for their modulating valves.

3. Bill H

Bill H New Member

Thanks, much appreciated

4. Bill H

Bill H New Member

Tried to reach out to Climatemaster for the proper modulating valve for a 3ton GeoLogix unit but no response from them yet.
    Does anyone know which Belimo valve will work best for this unit, (DXM2 board) ? Thanks

5. Bill H

Bill H New Member

Received an email to call Climatemaster Tech Service. Tech stated that they do not recommend any companies modulating valves and although they make the units for Heat Controller they do not troubleshoot or answer questions
    about Heat Controller units and I would have to contact them.
    I called Heat Controller and was prompted to send my question by email.
    This is very frustrating.
    I believe these to be simple questions.
    1. What Motorized Modulating Water Control Valve is best suited for a HeatController, 3 ton GeoLogix HTS Series Split System, two stage ?

2. Is it possible to wire a Taco Geo Sentry control valve to the same unts DXM2 board to shut off flow when the compressor is not operating?
    (and if its possible, how)