Message for GEOMAN

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bergy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Bergy

Bergy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

GEOMAN;

I just checked the energy star web site. There are NO water to water units with the energy star rating. Combo units and Split systems are listed on the web site. If Water Furnace is claiming their EW units are energy star rated ask them to show you the web listing.

Bergy

2. geoman

geoman New Member

energy star

Bergy,
    Thanks for passing that along. Still can't seem to get a straight answer on this. I agree, I've read the list of energy star compliant equipment, and the EW stuff is not on there. However, a quick glance at the WF website and you will see in the literature that these units "exceed the energy star ratings". I don't see them making this claim if there wasn't some validity to it.
    I'm pretty close to having a geo/hvac contractor install a water-to-water EW series along with a split unit in my new house, and he claims both units are energy star rated. Anyone else care to weigh in on this one?
    Tim (NJ)

3. Bergy

Bergy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I've been told

they can't be energy star rated because they don't know how they will be installed. a heat pump operating at 95* will have different cop's than the same one operating at 120*.

Bergy

4. geoman

geoman New Member

energy star

OK, that makes sense. I guess the $64,000 question is if I have one of these installed in an open loop config, with 55 degree EWT, will it exceed the energy star rating? If yes, can I claim the cost for the tax credit?
    Tim (NJ)

5. engineer

engineer Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Try contacting WF directly - they should be quick to confirm Energy Star compliance.

6. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Is not the same as having an energy star label.