Looking for suggestions and pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tdoe, Feb 20, 2008.

1. tdoe

tdoe New Member

I am currently building a house for my self in MN. I'm doing 90% of the work. I am hopeing to talk to any one willing to offer suggestions of things to keep in mind, regarding geo heat pumps. (wish I would have placed a valve here, Should have placed Vibration isolators there, ect.

Does any one have pictures of their utility room? I am haveing a hard time finding any on the net. I would like to see how some set-ups look and maybe get an idea how to delegate space in my utility room.

My set up will be a 7 TON hydronic unit for heating and cooling. I will have a hydronic air coil supplying forced air heating and cooling. Also, radient infloor heat in the basement and garage. My HP also has a de-superheater supplying 60%+- of the domestic hot water. The Hydronic tank will be 80 gallons. The domestic hot water tank will be 80-100 gallons, DHW will be operated on "off peak" (hot water storage).

Thanks,
    Tdoe

2. Guest

Guest Guest

send me a private message tdoe

3. Waukman

Waukman Member

Pics of my setup

Here are some pics of my setup. My installers didn't do anything special for noise or vibration. We have some amount of noise when it is running but if you are upstairs you don't really notice it. The zone motors are louder when they change position then the geo unit is.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Here you go.

5. tdoe

tdoe New Member

Thanks for your pics

It is finally time for me to start my pipeing and related work. Here is my starting point... O the potential!

6. tdoe

tdoe New Member

I wanted a seperate KW meter (for personal use)

I wanted a seperate KW meter (for personal use) for the heat pump, to give me the ability to say "It cost me $..... to run this month". My electritian reccomended me calling my local power company and asking if they had some old meters that still worked. I called them and I got a KW meter for $25. It didn't come with the mounting socket, but the electrician said he could probably get one.

Tdoe

7. tdoe

tdoe New Member

Progress photos

Progress photos