Wisconsin Looking for digital temp gauge to show Delta T

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dick in Wisconsin, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Dick in Wisconsin

Dick in Wisconsin New Member

We have a WaterFurnace in a rental property up north that was installed in early 90's. Had the compressor replaced once under warranty. Appears to be running fine.

I also recently built a race shop with in-floor hydronic heat. Why isn't hydronic in the Forum dictionary?

Some time ago, I found on the Internet a digital temp gauge/indicator that would support external temperature gauges and show the Delta T. Could be used on a geo-thermal system to show the entry and leaving water temps (I think you guys call it (EWT and LWT) as well as the entry and leaving air temps (EAT and LAT???). On the hydronic system I would use it to monitor the EWT and LWT.

But now when I search for a unit like this I can't find it. It was battery powered as I recall.

When I bought the WF I don't recall there being an options for a digital readout of system metrics, but watching this old house on TV I see the new WF geo-thermal systems easily provide this information. Anyone know if WF has a device that could be retrofitted to an existing furnace? I'd also like to be able to monitor rate of water flow ... but one step at a time!

Anyone know of where I can find such a beast?

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

No retrofitting, it needs the newest electronic boards and the sensors installed. The board in incompatible with older machines.

Dick in Wisconsin likes this.
  3. Dick in Wisconsin

Dick in Wisconsin New Member

Thanks! I was afraid it would need special stuff to support.

Still looking for a two probe digital thermometer that calculates Delta T plus showing the entry and exit temps.

4. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Two probes might be off. Use one with one probe for higher precision.

5. mrrxtech

mrrxtech Member