Connecticut Issue with cooling

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gezim, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Gezim

Gezim New Member

Hello,

Hope someone maybe has run into the same issue and will be able to provide some help.

The Geothermal system has had problems with not being able to cool the issue to 75 degrees. The weather has not been too hot outside but system cannot seem to handle it although thermostats shows all the three zones running almost the whole time.
    System is a two stage vertical closed loop system and it has been installed about 6 years ago. It has been running with no issues except one time about 3 years ago where it would not heat in winter time and the installer had to come in flush and replace the coolant on it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gezim

2. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Some basic info missing - is it blowing cold air?

3. Gezim

Gezim New Member

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
    It is not blowing cold air, it is blowing air at the room temperature.
    Something else I forgot to mention is that is I turn off all the three thermostats (three zones), turn off the AC power to the unit.
    Turn the unit back on and then turn on all the thermostats one by one, the unit blows cold air and it lowers the temperature on the house. After a few hours, the unit gradually starts blowing air to the room temperature and temperature in the house start going up.
    Thermostats show that the unit is running constantly.

Thanks
    Gezim

4. urthbuoy

Your thermostat is likely only showing that the demand is constant. The TLDR - your unit has locked out and your blower is continuing to run. Why has the unit locked out? We can't tell without some sleuthing on your part. There is a sticky that helps us narrow things down if you answer those questions.

5. Gezim

Gezim New Member

Trying to a pic of the main CPU showing both compressors running after powering on the unit but is not working so far. I am not sure if this helps or not. Willing to provide more info if needed.

Thank you again

6. Gezim

Gezim New Member

I was able to upload the pic a min ago.
    GEO.jpg

7. urthbuoy

Those look to be just calls. It doesn't mean the compressor is on.

8. Deuce

Deuce Member

Check the condensate drain to see if it is blocked.

9. Gezim

Gezim New Member

Thank you for the reply. Would you be able to tell me exactly where the drain is? I saw some water on the area where the heat ecxhange for the air happens. Would that be the area? Sorry for the ignorance and thank you for the reply.

10. Deuce

Deuce Member

You should have a drain that comes out the side or rear of your house, tape a shop vac on it to see if it was clogged up.

11. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Not the house but the unit. What you describe is likely a condensate drain being plugged, happens in A/C mode. There is the heat exchanger for the air, and below is a square drain pan with a drain hole and the condensate pipe goes from the drain hole in the pan to the outside of the unit, usually a plastic pipe. When the drain or the pipe is plugged the compressor shuts off since a sensor in the pan senses the water getting backed up. Clean the drain line, and you should be good to go.
    A bottle brush does wonders.