I am doing a DIY system install

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SolarPower, Nov 25, 2018.

1. SolarPower

SolarPower Member

The condensate line is done. The Geo unit is sitting on anti-vibration pads.
    Yesterday I connected up my Desuperheater it worked last night and this morning I insulated the lines under the house.

I need to insulate the lines in the garage. I am done except getting the yard into shape.

The desuperheater ran last night and when I took a shower the water going into my tankless heater was 92 degrees.
    When I was done it was 65 degrees the washer was running at the same time.
    20190101_084643.jpg

2. nc73

nc73 Member Forum Leader

You must be getting ready for summer time AC use with the condensate line. I still haven't hooked up the condensate pump yet.

3. SolarPower

SolarPower Member

We have strange weather it is here today it is 65 degrees and I just opened the windows. If my wife was not here I would be running the AC right now.

Plus without water in the condensate trap it will suck air in the drain. Mine is in a crawl space so that air would come from the crawl space air not ideal.

4. nc73

nc73 Member Forum Leader

I have the condensate hole taped up for now. It has been mild, it was 61 here yesterday but rainy.

5. SolarPower

SolarPower Member

The outside temp has been mild since I connected up the hot water Desuperheater. Today I was showering and the incoming temp was 97 degrees when I was done the incoming temp was still 97 degrees.
    Nice…
    20190103_094442.jpg

6. nc73

nc73 Member Forum Leader

Your showers must be short. :)

7. SolarPower

SolarPower Member

Today my water temp into my water heater was 105 and after the shower was 102. We are going to get some colder weather I will have to watch and see what the hot water temp gets to.

I am pretty pleased how much hot water it is making so far. I should see some saving from this.

My tankless water heater is supper efficient but is still should save some energy/money

8. SolarPower

SolarPower Member

This is the last stage of the Geo install. I had 10 tons of top soil delivered. It had so many rocks in it.

I went to the scarp yard and bought some steel. I broke out my welder and built a rock rake.

I used it to clean up the rocks in the top soil. I planted grass over the weekend and It rained both days.

Now it is time to wait and see if I get some grass back.
    20190506_174618.jpg

inCollage_20190507_175424072.jpg
    After and before rock rake.
    20190510_180828.jpg 20190511_084202.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  9. SolarPower

SolarPower Member

Grass is starting to come up but we need rain.

I thought the house was getting hot inside it is 89 outside. The thermostat was red with a error code saying condensate full.
    That is when I thought I put soil around the foundation and over top the condensate drain.
    Sure, enough it was plugged with dirt. I unplugged it and reset the system. Back to blowing nice cold AC again.

I need to extend the pipe away from the foundation and dig a hole and put some gravel in it for the drain.