Hydro-Temp vs. WaterFurnace?

Discussion in 'Quotes and Proposals' started by bengee, Nov 13, 2010.

1. bengee

bengee New Member

Hello all. I have not seen much about Hydro-Temp heat pumps on the forum, can anyone speak to their efficiency and/or quality? The two quotes I am considering are nearly identical, except one is a Hydro-Temp and the other is a WF Envision.

Also, the Hydro-Temp contractor has quoted a dual compressor set up, which seems somewhat unique. 3-stage cooling and 4-stage heating. He says that the dual speed compressors don't work as well or last as long as the dual-compressor configuration. Any thoughts?

Some basics on my install: 2400 sq. ft. living space, 1000 sq. ft. finishable basement, plenty of room and good soil for a horizontal loop config, Columbus OH temps. Both have quoted 3-ton systems, assuming I upgrade to 2x6 blown fiberglass in the walls and R-60 in the attic.

Thanks again everyone,

-Ben

2. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Ben,
    I have no experience with Hydro-Temp but can tell you Florida Heat Pump, Waterfurnace and Climatemaster upgraded to the 2 stage compressors after a slew of difficulty with dual compressors.
    Joe

3. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I agree with Joe. I am not sure what Hydro Temps annual sales are, but I am sure they pale in comparison to some of the big guys. I would need a very compelling reason to go with them.

4. bengee

bengee New Member

Thanks

Ok guys, thanks for the input. I think I'm going to go with the more local guy (WaterFurnace), even though he's slightly more expensive. He has a good reputation, and I trust him to build me a nice system. Thanks again!

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Active Member Forum Leader

I have a Hydro-Temp heat pump

And would be glad to share my experiences with the forum. I have only been living in the house for about 10 months. New construction, 4- ton, air on main floor 2000 sq ft, 100% DHW, radiant in basement walkout and garage on lower level.

I look forward to talking about my system.

Chris

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  6. AMI Contracting

Aside from knowing your brand has very little footprint we have no other feed back.
    It is a blank slate for you to fill......
    j

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  7. ChrisJ

New to this, not sure of the best way to post.

Joe,
    I misunderstood your foot print comment, yes the company is smaller then Water Furnace ect.

Your post was missing the first sentence, about posting in Testimonials, I didn't read that part until I opened up my e-mail.

Maybe I need some help from Phil, my post could be moved to my testimonial thread.

Sorry to everyone, I will have to learn more about forums as well as Geo.

Chris

8. Forum Admin

Forum Admin Administrator Staff Member Forum Leader

9. AMI Contracting

I edited my first sentance as you already seemed to have a post in testimonials. You needn't apologize to the guy who opened his mouth before looking.....:D

10. ChrisJ

Hydro-Temp vs Waterfurnace

I am very pleased so far with my HT heat pump.

If your still reading Bengee, let us know where you are with your project.

ChrisJ