Hve you seen this control?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AMI Contracting, May 8, 2011.

1. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Have you seen this control?

Looking for a product(s)-
    Ideal control(s) would monitor/react to both slab and air temp.
    Automatically switch from heat to cool (activate reversing valves) but also allow dedication to one task or the other (heat-cool-auto).
    Activate airhandlers or radiant circulators or both, depending on demand.
    Monitor/maintain programmed buffer tank temp (for both heating and cooling).
    Respond to outdoor temperature.
    Control temps in ~18 radiant and warm air zones.
    Allow remote/internet adjustment (control4).
    Activate ground loop circulators and buffer tank circulators.
    Activate auxiliary heat and mixing valve.
    Secondary features may be to monitor humidity, control ventilation, or permit different zones to heat and cool with priority.

We also need an internet controller for a seperate geo heat pump that heats/cools and dehumidifies in a indoor pool enclosure.
    Joe

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

Joe

I think I have got a way to get us to step one with off the shelf parts.

Mark

3. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Yes

Will have to look in to it myself, but just came across one from an Australian company at our trade show/conference this weekend. The humidity control allowing for transition between radiant slab cooling and fan coil cooling got me looking at it for a current project.

I don't want to vouch for it publicly without trying it, but can send you details as I find out more.

4. urthbuoy

Option

And Tekmar controls could likely be kitted together to get all those results.

5. Mark Custis

TY Chris

We will take what you have.

GeoGypsies is what Joe calls Stepanie and me.

Mark

6. AMI Contracting

Anything you got UB-thanks. (I'm about to put this thing on a milk carton)
    I thought GypsyGeo would be a good handle for the traveling GSHP show:D:D
    j

7. Mark Custis

ROFLMAO

I need a nap $100 of gas then breakfast in Michigan on Tuesday.

If anyone finds any info we, (Me & Stephanie) have G3 internet everywhere.

I would add to Joe's request the ability to take this all C4 or Control4.

Mark.

8. urthbuoy

email

Send me your contact e-mails at chris"at"shine-energy"dot"com

I'll forward what I have. On further reading it isn't the exact solution, but I'll send and let you guys digest. I think you are looking at multiple heat pump units were you not?

9. Mark Custis

We have

5 water to water 5 ton geos, piped in parallel. I wish it was hot loop cold loop, that may change. The issue is the controls and the piping. All the equipment and pumps are there and the heating design is flawless. i would have done the cooling design differently, but it is what Joe and I have to work with this week.

Long term we want to take the entire system C4 or control4 protocol. Short term get him cooling next week.

My email is mcustis@centurytel.net. I will forward to Joe. It is not as bad as last winter when I ran down to the WIFI supply house or the library to get email. 3G phones, how did we live without them.

Thanks for the hand and the help.

Mark

10. AMI Contracting

Climate Automation Systems: ENV
    Does everything we want and some things we didn't dream we could get (pool heat, dehumi etc.) and monitors the weather service to make buffer tank adjustments based on future outdoor temps.
    Really Sweet!
    Keep ya'll posted.
    j

11. urthbuoy

Controls

Lots of thoughts on controls since this sparked it and I happened to run across the radiant control I had mentioned.

Anyway, one thought is it would be nice to get the controls off the equipment and on to some custom panels without the $12000 price tag:)

Here's what we have since found it is possible:
    -humidity measurements to control radiant slab cooling vs. fan coil (not needed if fully heating only)
    -zone stat measurements with tank temperature measurements to ignore false calls - ie client leaves a t-stat set to heating when the outdoor reset (using time averaging) has the storage tank set to cooling
    - remote controllable
    - back-up staging based on EWT's of ground loop

Some pretty cool stuff coming down the line, but not by the big guys. Problem with the big guys is it is usually "try to fit in all possibilities, boiler plate" type systems. Just look at our thermostats we're stuck using. Or over-priced commercial systems with the monthly monitoring fee price tag.

12. StevieB

StevieB Member

Automation for Geothermal

If some one is still interested PM me. Controls are how I make my living