It's been awhile since I've posted, and would like to start off, these systems in South louisiana definitely is not for the faint of heart diy'er. I put in 8 horizontal runs of 670' apiece. Once down to 11' placed a 1' layer of river sand, then my slinky, then another foot of sand then my supply to the field, then another foot of sand. While back filling with the nastiest clay anyone can imagine, I would spread sand through the clumps as to create fissures where the water table can run more freely. The water table is 5' to 6' down normally. And was told in droughts it could drop to around 8', which is why I was shooting for a 10' depth. The house. It's 3800 sq ft, mostly 10' ceilings with a Lil at 11' and at 12'. The house was designed with efficiency in mind. Insulated low-e windows everywhere. 2x6 exterior walls with wet blown cellulose. House wrap is tyvek low-e radiant barrier then a 1/2" Air gap then double Bubble wrap for the extra insulation and radiant barrier. The air gap is not sealed so it can vent. Roof sheathing is 5/8" Osb with radiant barrier. As of now 5" - 6" of blown cellulose in attic. When work is all done I'll double it. Expanding foam or silicone all cracks. Tight house, while still allowing it to breath, persay. The system. I have two miami heat pumps. A 3.5 ton 2 stage and a 2.5 ton single stage. Now for my screw up. The manual j called for 5 tons and when I went to order them the sales person with the company talked me into stepping both units up .5 ton. I even called a local a/c company and was going to get them to do a 2nd man. J before actually purchasing. He told me the same thing after me telling him everything posted above with the house. So I did. I've since learned to err on the low side, not the high. I think it would be spot on with a 2 and a 3 ton 2 stage units. The house holds the temp s very well, so far. We haven't hit those really hot 100* days yet. The units been operating for about 5 - 6 weeks now. I've gotten the humidity down to 58% once with both units set to 60* and working their tail off. The units do have a "enhanced dehumidifying setting" that is definitely not set up properly. I've been n touch with manufacturer to help me through it. I know it's suppose to slow the blower down 30%. While troubleshooting, I did a hot test while in dh mode. Disconnecting the t/s hot from the dh wire, it sounds like the compressor is slightly bogging down and nothing with the fan. I do not have an air velocity testor, might get one though, so I taped loose paper at a register opening. With the change from stage 1 to dehumidifying it shows no change in movement. The tstats. Venstar t7900. These things are remarkable. Worth the extra $ to get the humidistat included. Humidity inside will drop to about 65% if I'm lucky. humidity outside is n the 80s and 90s. Btw, it's freezing inside to hold that humidity. A few other things I think needed is lwt - 89* ewt - 79*. When I first started the system it held at around 69* ewt. I purged the field a couple times within the 1st week. In week 2 I noticed the ewt - 72* or so. And it's held at that. I was surprised just now to see it at 79*. All 8 circuits are holding the same ewt. The lwt has held the same for the hole time. I check air temp going in a couple different times to air coming out and it's ranged from 14* difference To a 19* difference. I checked the condensate trap to make sure water is in it and it's not sucking humid air in. They are full but the amount of water in the trap seems to only b a couple ounces at most. The drip pans do not drain completly. The drain is on the side 1/4" up. At all times there is water in the drop pans. Found this out this morning. I checked for air infiltration and exfiltration, all good. Bought a thermal imager for my phone, cool toy, to check attic space. I checked the run time on the smaller unit and some times it short cycles, like 3 min, but it's something to do with this d/h mode. It drops 1* turns on brings up 1* then turns off. With the d/h mode off it ran for over 30 min and brought temp down 4* while the humidity came down 1%. The questions. When I put the t/s on say 60*, as the temp in the house drops, is it harder for a coil to remove humidity though the compressor is constantly running? Can water holding in drip pan keep the unit from dehumidifying? Can the unit pull humid air in through the condensate trap with a couple ounces of water in it? Is this enough volume to cause an issue? Should I be concerned with this rising ewt? Is the 3.5 ton 2 stage ok though it may b slightly oversized? I possibly have a chance to switch out the 2.5 ton single stage to a 2 ton 2 stage unit with little cost to me. Should I? The duct work is sized to a .06 static for the 2.5 ton. Will this make a difference? The duct did sweat a little but the units have been running almost non stop. If anyone is familiar with these humidistat controled dehumidifying modes, a Lil insight please. I know every manufacturer is probably different, but I don't know whether to set it to n/o or n/c. And why does it sound like the compressor is bogging instead of the fan. I am waiting for the manufacturer to get back with me also. I can't think of anything else at the moment, so I just read back through everything and it seems long. Soooooo, I do want to apologize if this is long. I think I'm venting while typing. This has been a daily battle so I will be checking the thread daily. Got floors cooming and want to get humidity down before putting them in. P.S. want to thank doc, Mark, and I believe it was earthboy for getting me this far.