GEO Testing kit

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GoHuskers, Feb 14, 2014.

1. GoHuskers

GoHuskers New Member

Hello all,

I want to have a testing kit so I can test my unit WITHOUT calling the tech over. I saw they use a pointy pressure gauge and thermometer and pushed it through the P/T plugs to test the water temp and pressure. They also test the Air supply and air return temps.

Is there something I can buy for novice use (name/brand/Sold on Amazon)? Not to expensive as the pro use.

Thanks.

2. josephparris

josephparris Member

3. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

just a thermometer tells you a lot about your geo performance. You also want a pressure gauge. which can be as simple as a gauge attached to a basketball inflation needle.

4. GoHuskers

GoHuskers New Member

5. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

6. mtrentw

mtrentw Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Palace GeoThermal likes this.
  7. dgbair

dgbair Just a hobby Forum Leader

8. tommytx

tommytx Member

GoHuskers.. did you order and find any of these perfect for what you need.. I am a non pro and would love to have the pt pressure and temp gages and like you dont want to spend 2-300 bucks.. but 75 or 80 would be ok.... any experince you had with this order would be appreciated.

9. arkie6

arkie6 Member Forum Leader

You can find pre-made geothermal test port pressure gauges on ebay for around $35. Search for [geothermal test port gauge]. For temperature all you need is a digital meat thermometer with the small diameter probe. You can find these on ebay or at Wal-Mart or Amazon for less than $20.