New York Geo system issues (not mine)

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ssmith, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ssmith

ssmith Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. ACES-Energy

ACES-Energy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I have not been to that job, but I am aware who installed it. Those posts are from 2013, but if they are still having issues, or need a second opinion, as a WaterFurnace GEOPRO dealer, I would be happy to visit that customer at no charge, but again, those are from 2+ years ago and not sure how to contact the homeowner as I am not on that website.

3. ssmith

ssmith Member

Yes, this seems to be ongoing. If you follow the long painful thread, the last post from the owner of the system is yesterday. I might have a login to that site and can reply to the thread and give the owner a link to the thread I started here. If there's an interest on their part, than the 2 of you could possibly meet up.

4. ACES-Energy

ACES-Energy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

I did not read the second page...now I see it looks like they hired a 3rd party who is the smartest geothermal guy around, but still happy to help.

Palace GeoThermal likes this.
  5. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Hmm...I know the installer as well. I am surprised since he has many years of experience. There seem to be multiple issues from the description and the pictures. Tell the owners to send me an email or pm me. Between ACES (he is closer) and myself we should be able to help.

The issue is not with the multi aqua coils.

6. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Posted at the GBA's thread:

"Colleen,

could you please contact me at docjenser@yahoo.com.

I am one of the board members of the NY Geothermal Association, and we are seeking quality assurance for geothermal systems in NYS. I am also a Certified Geoexchange Designer and Installer.
    I stepped over your Scott Smith's thread on the geoexchange forum yesterday, and would like to get to the bottom of this.
    I read through this thread here, many opinions, but not much informations on why the system does not perform to your satisfaction.
    This morning I communicated with the representative of the heat pump manufacturer, the owner of the company who designed and installed your system (and modified it in 2014), the geothermal expert (John) who came in in 2013 and evaluated your system (who is also a board member of the NY geo association, a mechanical engineer, and one of the most knowledgable people about geothermal I know). I also have a phone calls into the sales person (who is not with the company anymore) who sold you the system, provided the estimate and designed your system.
    Right now I am trying to find out the facts and again, would appreciate if you could email me with your contact info, so we can get to the facts.

Thanks"

Palace GeoThermal likes this.
  7. NicholsonGeo

NicholsonGeo New Member

1. I would like to thank SSmith for bringing our Geo nightmare to this forum, and to each of you who have responded. If you have not read the blog post http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/community/forum/gba-pro-help/27609/geothermal-nightmare?page=1 this link should take you there. Currently we have had to seek legal help in this matter after 3 1/2 years of our contractor's inability to fix this system and the added expenses it is costing us after installation. My husband and I are happy to answer any questions and please feel free to contact us either through here or by email (which I believe you can gain here from my account). I have emailed DocJenser and appreciate everyone's thoughts.