Geo-Flo Products GEO-Booster for leaking loop

Discussion in 'Geothermal Loops' started by LeakingLoop, Feb 22, 2013.

1. LeakingLoop

LeakingLoop New Member

I have a pressurized loop that leaks about a cup of fluid a month. I usually add water to the loop about every two months through the PT ports with a needle. I am getting tired of doing this, and have found a product made by Geo-Flo Products called the GEO-Booster. Basically, it has a 1 gallon holding tank and a small motor that will inject fluid in the loop as needed to maintain 35 PSI of loop pressure. It looks like a wonderful fix for the small leak in the loop short of going to a non-pressurized flow center for about $1000. The GEO-Booster sells for close to $375. I am trying to do find more information before I have the GEO-Booster installed and would like to hear any advice or experience that anyone has with this product. Another question I have, does the efficiency of the unit go down as pressure drops in the loop?

2. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

No. the unit efficiency is independent of the loop pressure. Non pressurized loops work just fine.

You only need enough pressure to keep the pumps from cavitating . My loop has been running for several years at 5 psi.

I bet you have a small leak at a threaded fitting some where.

3. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Agree with Dewayne,

Also no need to buy non pressurised set up for 1k. The addition of a poly tank and some clever plumbing can convert what you have now. Add a fish pond fill valve to top of tank, set it and forget it.
    Eric

4. Mark Custis

Mark Custis Not soon. Industry Professional Forum Leader

Does the system use antifreeze?

Mark