FWIW

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric D, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Eric D

Eric D Member

GeoExchange Policy on Advertising?

What is the policy at GeoExchange in regards to advertising? If we have a geothermal related business and would like to place an ad to be displayed on your site what is the cost and terms, if you allow this?

Thanks,

Eric D

2. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

FWIW

As the geo wave continues to build, as predicted here more than a year ago the pool is getting downright polluted not just muddied up. On the residential side the market is being flooded with "experts" who are only parrots of key words and when push comes to shove they don't know Jack. Latest example: 3/4" 200' vs. 1" loops by 200' to cover 5 tons. If 3/4 loops are used 7 bores, if 1" is used 5 bores :eek: .
    On a commercial note current 40 ton project not engineered called for the drilling of the entire gshx prior to drilling the test bore and getting results of conductivity testing :eek: .
    Enter request for geo loops in the coastal region to be cased with steel pipe through the salt into bedrock :eek: .
    I swear on a stack of igshpa manuals that if I recieve one more bid packet that the gshx specs have been cut and pasted off the internet with the words "as typical" one more time my head will truly explode.
    Anyone else feel the same way?

3. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Amen.

What I typically see is the conventional HVAC mechanical engineering world has spec'd a document based on a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess).

As in, quote on the installation of a 200,000 Btu/hr system. There is no indication this load is based on building requirements, but the development will be constructed and a plate exchanger in place that demands this load. All way past the point of no return.

The owner doesn't see what's going on behind the scenes. Suddenly geothermal looks hugely expensive because the standard "nobody has ever been fired for too much" engineering is way oversized.

Real costs associated with this nonsense that I'd actually like to see end up as a court case, so some of the entrenched fusspots can either get on board or get out of the way.

How's that rant :p :roll:

4. gabby

gabby Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give you an 8.75 overall.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, on accurate swag basis...10.

Industry is worse in some regards....fortunately because of federal mandates and permits requiring inspections and test data, the swag proposals are nipped at the bud. Unfortunately, not all things fall within those type of boundaries and then it is a "Buyer Beware."

5. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Thanx guys,
    All this crap happened in one day :eek: . Last Friday was hard to tollerate and was still bugging me yesterday as I contemplated the age old thought"how do you win a battle of intelect and common sense with an unarmed combatant?"