Funny things you have heard about geothermal

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by waterpirate, Mar 8, 2012.

1. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

So a conversation I heard yesterday prompted this thread. Please add your favorites from blueprints,engineers,customers, other supposed profesionals. Here are 3 of my favorites to get things rolling.

1. A neihbor walked over to a jobsite and stated "You must be getting geo mcthermal". I am still waiting to be asked if I would like fries and a shake with that.

2. In a national publication a commercial geo looper told the author that the loops are made of hdpe and that stands for " heavy duty".

3. Your system failed because the original installer failed to install the " peach ports" on the unit.

This is a good start. What have you heard on the street?
    Eric

2. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Geothermalist

So you're the geothermalist.

3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Active Member Forum Leader

"So how does 48*F water heat your house?"

4. Blake Clark

Blake Clark Member

The well-guy installing an 11 pound Grundfos SQE - "So, this toothpick is going to heat your house AND flush the sh*tter?"

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  5. Bergy

Bergy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

"If you upgrade your insulation, you won't need Geothermal."
    -Anonymous Insulation Monkey-

6. ACES-Energy

ACES-Energy Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Doing a dig today, the GC (who is an idiot) called the out of town customer and told him I had (3) 900' trenches. The lot is only 600' wide....we only did 200' trenches...

Then he called the customer and said the trenches were 2' wide, when i have a 4' bucket on the machine...

Next he emailed customer saying I was using 1" pipe, not true, 3/4" (and this was in my 900' trench might you recall).

Next, called customer saying I took lumber and a Ryobi battery from job site yesterday...we did not come to job site yesterday and my tooks are dewalt....

7. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Geothermal can't work at 9000' elevation as the air is too cold:eek::eek:

8. waterpirate

Although these quips are sad but true, keep them coming! We all need a light sided break from the reality once in a while:)
    Eric

9. Calladrilling

Calladrilling Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

All this geothermal is the reason we are having earthquakes, and tornadoes in our area. - Mr.KnowItAll homeowner

10. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

Geo can't keep house warm enough.
    Geo is new technology.

11. geome

geome Member Forum Leader

An neighbor asked me if during the summer our house felt like a "cave" (meaning cold humid air.) I told him, "No, the system has a compressor just like an air source heat pump."

12. "He is certified through the National Geothermal Association"

13. Palace GeoThermal

Palace GeoThermal Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

We can drill the holes...we want you to put in the loops:eek::eek::eek:

I said "no thanks"

14. AMI Contracting

AMI Contracting A nice Van Morrison song Industry Professional Forum Leader

........and it'll take 30 years to pay for itself!

15. hardchines

hardchines Member Forum Leader

Why he drives a truck!

I only chime in here when I need to, I need to, several years ago my truck driver neighbor said he was told by a friend of his (another truck driver) that I would not get hot enough water to heat my house with a well less then 10,000 feet deep. My response to him was that my system was working fine and my well was only 7000 feet deep!

Disclaimer , not all truck drivers are dumb!

Its the truth!:rolleyes:

16. waterpirate

Now thats interesting.... In my area the typical depth is 8,000 feet, yours must not be as efficient as mine!
    Eric

17. zacmobile

zacmobile Guest

18. Looby

Looby Member Forum Leader

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent
    that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."

-- H. L. Mencken