Virginia FHP ES035 - Blower Motor

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by steelerfanatic, Sep 6, 2016.

1. steelerfanatic

steelerfanatic New Member

I have a 6 year old FHP ES035 installed in my home. I have had multiple problems with the unit over the years. This time, according to the technician, the blower motor is dead and needs replaced at a cost of 1400. Is this reasonable? Is this an easy part to replace?

A little frustrated at this at the moment as I spent a good deal on this thing just 6 years ago and never really saw any energy savings, only headaches.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

2. engineer

engineer Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

While I'm hesitant to critique pricing in markets outside my own, that seems steep. Get a 2nd opinion. Ask for breakdown of parts and labor.

Replacing a blower motor in a package geo system (or any other) should take no more than an hour or so.

It is legitimate to ask why it died, although gremlins / transients / spikes associated with lightning may be to blame.

Consider whole house surge protection.

3. steelerfanatic

steelerfanatic New Member

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bit the bullet and got it replaced. I did find a distributor who would sell to a homeowner. The cost just for the part was 990 but I had already committed to the service company. The tech that came out spent about 2 hours performing the installation. Not sure why this happened. I did purchase a surge protector for the unit about three years ago after the main board was replaced under warranty.

Thanks again for the reply.