New York Electric heat coming on with cooling

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MIKEG, Aug 7, 2019.

1. MIKEG

MIKEG New Member

I have a Climatemaster Tranquility 27 2 stage geothermal unit. It has electric heat as a backup. My July electric bill was way higher than it should have been. I figured out that in cooling mode for some reason the electric heat was kicking in at the same time as the ac was running. The ac was stronger so it was cooling the house. I turned off the electric heat breaker and the ac got colder and the electricity use was back to normal. I did replace the CXM control board S17B0001N01 and the Interface Control Board 17B0034N01 in the spring because of a flood. I took pictures and I am almost certain I put the wires back the same way on the boards. The CXM board is not flashing for any errors. Any ideas? Thanks

2. mtrentw

mtrentw Active Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Get a picture posted of your CXM control board and control wire connections and someone may be able t get you a quick analysis/fix.

3. MIKEG

MIKEG New Member

4. geoxne

geoxne Active Member Forum Leader

You might have “W” and “O” tstat wires swapped on the Fan/HW Control board. “W” is normally the white wire but to confirm you need to check and write down wire colors and terminal designations at the thermostat. Then confirm at the Fan/HW Control board.
    Some people don’t care what colors they use as long as both ends of the wire are connected to the correct terminals.