California Ecobee 4 with dxm2

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BLAKE STARR, Jun 15, 2018.

1. BLAKE STARR

BLAKE STARR New Member

Hey guys,

I just installed my climatemaster tranquility 22 heat pump and have everything working except the dehumidifier.

With ecobee it shows that for a 1 line dehumidifier setup that the 24v line be plugged into the acc+ terminal at the ecobee.

However, when I go to the dxm2 all the documentation for it shows that the dehumidifier line goes into the H terminal on the dxm2. However, the cabinet temperature already occupies this terminal on my p2.

Anyone have any experience hooking up the dehumidifier to a noncommunicating theremostat?

Any help appreciated.

2. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Yes. It's super simple if you have enough wire.

Just do as ecobee says and then set to DH is heating only.

3. BLAKE STARR

BLAKE STARR New Member

Thank you for the response. I have 8 wires ran at the moment. Is it only possible to have the tranquility to dehumidify when heating? I have a problem with humidity in the summer, so it wouldn't help if it was on only when heating

4. urthbuoy

urthbuoy Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Ooops. Sorry was thinking humidifier even though I read dehumidifier. Yeh, your unit will naturally dh in the summer but you can run the dh as well for sure.