Consumer Tax Deductions for Geoexchange Installations?

Discussion in 'Tax Credits, Rebates and Incentives' started by Eric D, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Eric D

Eric D Member

What current and future tax benefits might be available for consumers that install Geoexchange devices? Where might one look to learn more?

Eric D

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Eric, In Howard County Maryland there is currently a local tax credit of up to $5000 available for installing goethermal heating. I have just contracted to retrofit the three systems in my home to goe. We will start the horizontal loop Thursday of this coming week. I am very excited about the prospect of the new systems. I currently have two high efficiency oil fired furnaces and one air source heat pump to heat our home.

Wayne K

3. Eric D

Eric D Member

Hi Wayne,

Wow, that is one generous credit. I haven’t seen anything close to that here in Michigan.

I can understand your excitement. I was very anxious to complete the installation of my retro fit geo system. I started the installation last Christmas. I’ve been installing it in steps. This weekend I started the connection of a new water heater to the desuperheater of my geothermal unit. This is the last step in completing my system.
    Please keep us posted on how the installation of your
    system is progressing.

Regards,
    Eric D