Maryland Confusion with proposals

Discussion in 'Quotes and Proposals' started by pauldo82, May 3, 2019.

1. pauldo82

pauldo82 New Member

Hi All,

I've recently received a couple of proposals for installing GHC at my home, I'm a bit confused by the proposals, I've contacted the potential contractors for clarification, but I thought I'd reach out here as well.

Contractor A: Did not provide any kind of reports. Initially proposed a 3 ton WF Series 5 indoor split (#NDZ038*110CNN0AA) with Amana 80% furnace. The total price for that was $18,822 + $7,200 for well drilling. I asked them to revise the proposal to an all-in-one unit, so I could compare more accurately to the second contractor (and I'm partial to all-in-one, because there's less equipment). The revised proposal came back recommending a 4 ton system (NDV049H111CTL0BA) that includes optional DSH. The total price is $22,153 + $9,600 for well drilling.

Contractor B: Provided a Loop Link report, for what it's worth (I feel like it's a bit gimmicky o_O). They proposed a 3.16 ton WF5 all-in-one, their proposal indicates the unit is NDV038, with no other identifying information. While the rep was at my home, I had inquired about DSH option for hot water, but space is a limiting factor for me, and it wouldn't make much sense where I'm located (outside of DC), since it's a heat dominated climate (I might have it wrong), the cost doesn't make financial sense. Based on that, I'm assuming they're proposing to install a (NDV038101CTL0BA). Their total cost is $33,466.

I was quite surprised to see a higher price for a lower capacity system that doesn't have the DSH option, that makes no sense to me. Does the total capacity of a system affect the price? I assume it does, but not by much. Also, does anyone know what the DSH costs?

I hate that all HVAC pricing is hidden. Anyway, if anybody has some insight they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it. Of, if you'd like me to clarify anything.

2. pauldo82

pauldo82 New Member

A bit more information:
    Contractor B informed me that the system they are proposing is NDV038101CTL0DN. That signifies the Aurora Performance & Refrigeration Package, which is required for use of Symphony Web Link. I think this explains the proposal difference. Contractor A proposed a system with the Aurora Advanced Control and no Symphony Web Link (which they have as a $715 option).