New York ClimateMaster Fan issue

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MIKEG, May 29, 2020.

1. MIKEG

MIKEG New Member

I have ClimateMaster Tranquility 27 two stage. I am having a problem with the fan. When running in cooling mode it starts out fine- the temperatures and voltages are all fine. After 1-3 hrs I noticed the fan ramp down and completely shut off while the compressor keeps going and thermostat still says cooling on because the temperature is not at the set mark yet. After five minutes without fan the system faults with fault code 5 because of no air flow and compressor stops. About 5 minutes later the fan comes back on and will run continual because thermostat is calling for cooling still but the compressor is locked out because of fault. This cycle repeats every time I reset the system.
    I shut off furnace at thermostat and called just for the fan to run . The fan does NOT run. I checked the ECM board and there is 24V at the fan terminal. It is a carrier 17B0034N01 board. I had a Tech look at it but it didn't fault when he was here. He checked all measurements of system and everything was fine. The fan was new from last October and the tech said there is no problem with it.
    Could it be a bad board or any other ideas? Thanks