Chances of FED being reinstated

Discussion in 'Tax Credits, Rebates and Incentives' started by Kone, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Kone

Kone New Member

Looking to replace my WF (I know, day late and 30% short :() and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or info on what chances are the federal credit would be reinstated. Thanks.

2. docjenser

docjenser Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Deuce and Kone like this.
  3. Kone

Kone New Member

Thank you, sir. At least there's a small amount of hope. The actual change to the bill seems to indicate it'd be retroactive in some way to Jan 1, 17.

4. Curtman333

Curtman333 New Member

95 cosponsors now (51Rep/41Dem)... when does it move on to the next step?

5. reb214

reb214 New Member

I could really use this credit to come back! I started my new home last year, but am just finishing now. I have a WF 7 Series just getting ready for commissioning, and that credit would be a welcome sight. I tried to contact Rep Reed to voice my support, but they say you have to live in one of his zip codes to get a message through. I sent a message to my Congressman here in PA, but he hasn't answered. I've not heard much from the industry on this year's lobbying plan. Are they trying to get this bill through stand alone? Part of a spending package? Part of larger tax reform? Surely they can piggyback it on something else. As long as it's there by 12/31 it's fine with me, but I'm starting to worry a bit. I really thought it was a no-brainer to level the playing field and extend it with the others that were already extended.