Aurora Sensor Kit Settings

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by parrisjr, Jan 21, 2021.

1. parrisjr

parrisjr Member

Hi,

Can someone explain what dictates the correct "flow meter" setting under the <setup> <sensor kit setup> menu. The picks are "none", "3/4 in", and "1 in". These picks effect the "waterflow" and "heat of extraction" readings in the performance monitor screen.

Regards,

2. gsmith22

gsmith22 Active Member Forum Leader

this is for a waterfurnace 5 or 7 series and talking about the flow meter that gets put into the (I think) incoming water from the loop? Sounds like you would pick "none" if you don't have a flow meter and otherwise pick the hose size that the flow meter is inserted in.

3. parrisjr

parrisjr Member

Thanks,

My installer emailed me and said it should be set to 1 inch for the Waterfurnace 7 series.

4. geoxne

geoxne Active Member Forum Leader

This is correct. The flow meter from Waterfurnace comes in 2 specific models. Small (3/4") and Large (1"). The Small meter is used on units under 3 tons. The Large is used on 3 ton and larger. The control board setup requires the correct size installed to accurately read the flow rate because the different size meters have a different output range.

5. parrisjr

parrisjr Member

Thanks geoxne, for explaining what dictated which size to pick to get correct flow and heat of extraction (HE) readings.