Any of you well drillers still hanging out here?

Discussion in 'Geothermal Loops' started by fastline, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fastline

fastline New Member

First, I am NOT looking to compete with pros here for business. I am working on a home built rig simply for production holes. It has become apparent I might go broke paying the local drillers while trying to spot a suitable hole. We can get more here than some I guess, and not one of them will be "dry", but getting into a good formation will be nothing short of a guess, and I think good drillers know that. I really want to move on this from the highly technical side, which is seismic thumping, but there are issues, even with that.

I not not designing a mickey mouse setup and I have been on drill rigs and my father used to drill in the oil field. However, I don't see any point in over building as being for personal use, if hole completion takes an extra couple hours, no biggy. I will probably also use the rig for test holes to spot target formations, then pull out and either plug or tool up and punch it.

If drillers are still around, I do have a few tech questions just regarding drill mud, bits, torque, mud pumps, etc, etc.

2. waterpirate

waterpirate Well-Known Member Industry Professional Forum Leader

Hi and welcome!
    I am still here and would be glad to help. I have built many machines and drills to do loops in the coastal plain. Drop me a line here or by email.
    Eric@waterpirate.net
    Eric

3. fastline

fastline New Member

Sent you an email. Grab a beer....lol. A little lengthy....